After having writer’s block for what is coming up to be about five months now, it’s refreshing to once again interview and feel inspired. As a writer who relies on inspiration and passion, it’s hard when you have your inspiration … Continue reading
Happy Monday to all. To start off this week, I would like to finally post up the few pictures that i’ve recovered from my time at the Gay Pride in SF this past June. If you didn’t know by now, I have been internet-less and tv-less for the past 8 months. Needless to say, I was so excited to finally write new posts. Let’s just pass all the mess and start this coverage on the Closing Night to the Film Fest and the Gay Parade shall we?
It was a beautiful Sunday in June, and I was dressed in my 50′s inspired pencil skirt dress. My boyfriend was in a cardi, and khaki’s. We were both excited to see the premiere of Cloudburst and celebrate Gay Pride. It was closing night to this year’s Frameline 36 Film Fest, and I couldn’t have been anymore happier to celebrate the films and the LGBT community. I found this assignment to be a great experience, just because my whole outlook in life is the search of love within someone else. No matter who it is, if someone creates that love within you, than you are the luckiest person in the world. You know, I come from a place where there’s a lot of diversity and acceptance for different things and I am thankful for that. And for me, love has no boundaries. I would be more than honored to promote love within the Lesbian Bisexual Gay Transgender Community.
Enough of my speel of feelings, we had a great time with a whole lotta laughs watching Cloudburst at the beautiful historic Castro Theater. Afterwards, the streets of Castro were filled with a ton of people and music and many smiles. We did cap off celebrating at Temple Night Club. There, we enjoyed mingling with others in the film industry as well as film enthusiasts. All in all, it was a wonderful night and I was glad to have celebrated Gay Pride this year. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2013!! -Daisy
Truthfully, I don’t know much about politics and for the first time I’m actually watching the 2012 Democratic Convention. While watching Michelle Obama speak, I can’t help but feel moved. A single tear starts forming in my eye … Continue reading
Now that i’m at least working somewhat towards my credit card debt, I can dream about what I would buy for this fall season. (Not that I could really afford all of this.) A Mr. “Okinawa” comes into my job … Continue reading
Dressed regularly to the nines in a Chanel suit and Laboutin heels, First Lady of Syria, Asma al-Assad is an intriguing figure to watch. Wife of Syria’s President, Bashar al-Assad, mother to her three childern, and Emma to her friends … Continue reading
An update of summer so far. -L.
For all you brides-to-be out there in the Bay Area, Viv&Ingrid is now offering special bridal services and private appointments where you can pick out beautiful jewelry for your special day! Indulge in some girl time and have a private … Continue reading
I don’t know if it’s because it’s late night, or if it’s due to the fact that I’m listening the Kooks, but I’m in the mood to share some poetic words pertaining to love. My reason for writer’s block is due to my focus on my love life. & Now that i’ve kind of started something that’s serious, don’t mind me if my mind wanders back to thoughts of my current crush.
From experience and lessons in life, I’ve learned a lot of new things about myself and love. See, you can have love. If that’s what you want. But the first thing that you should know is yourself. And when you are honest with yourself, then everything falls into place. I’ve been single for a little over 6 months now, and I did not expect for any man to sweep me off my feet at this moment. When I did meet him, I was fully confident in myself and I wore my life with a smile on my face and love within myself. There were two different single phases that I went through and depending on who you want to be at the moment, that specific personality will attract that serious/non-serious guy. And it’s up to you to figure out who you want to be. Here’s more of details of the two single Daisy’s and where I ended up today..
THE TWO SINGLE DAISY’S
1. Party Girl- When you’re single, it seems as if your fridays have become occupied with the following options; partying, dating, or alone at home. In the beginning of self discovery, I tried out the bachelorette Daisy on for size. I dated platonically, partied till the AM and I lived in the Now. I thought about no future with anyone. What did I look for in a guy? In brutal honesty, Physical looks, a good sense of social communicating, and money. I’m not going to lie, I was pretty shallow. I wasn’t looking for anything serious, so why even deal with anything else serious right? I enjoyed having a good time at a lounge with a cocktail in hand, with a pretty dress on, and looking good next to THEE man of the hour. It was an ego booster, and the majority of the time, I had a good time partying. But then when I went home, the lifestyle still wasn’t fulfilling my happiness. Some girls may appreciate being the arm candy of a powerful man, or popping champagne at the VIP table of Vegas’s hottest club, or get wine and dined on a weekend getaway, but that just wasn’t me. I got what I asked for. Shallow relationships that went nowhere. I knew this wasn’t what I wanted my life to be…
2. Seriously though- So I went the other route. I chose to focus on my writing, and to unclutter my love life by removing numbers and rejecting calls/texts. I wasn’t going to entertain that lifestyle anymore. And when I did go out, I went out with my girlfriends or Lulu with a purpose; to get a story for my writings. And when I started getting used to being alone, without superficiality but finding my real self; I guess things started to fall in place. That night when I met him, I was celebrating my girl’s bday, with no expectation of getting with anyone. I just wanted to have fun and dance. Unexpectedly, things were flowing and here we are…
What I am trying to say is that whatever you want, you can have. Whether it be serious or for fun, make sure you’re happy with whatever you choose. Don’t lose hope for anything. Things fall into place when you’re true to yourself. Don’t wait. Just do it.-D
Every summer Lulu and I try to make the best of the season. Our favorite season, we love to have more fun then the usual. As you can see, Lulu and I are a tad busy with our lives & Simple Stella’s not getting updated like usual. Sorry for the inconvenience. Bu you can count on us enjoying all the fun in the sun with bbq&beers. It’s almost summer and I just got me some shorts and a cute dress to wear. That’s wassup! Anyways, this summer, I plan on enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. I will be making a trip out to So Cal and Lulu will be in Texas. It’s about to be super crackin’. Can I get an amen to that!
What’s New With Daisy
While trying to squeeze in time to write this post, I’m busy doing all the summer errands & I gotta buy some beer&water balloons later. I just interviewed Peggy Li, one of my favorite local jewelry designers, and…..tun dunnna nuh!!! Ya homegirl will be having her first published profile feature in Audrey Magazine’s summer issue! Be sure to go to your local Barnes and Nobs and get yourself an issue.
I’m too busy being happy. Can you blame me? It’s my favorite season and I’ll be turning 23 in less then a month. Plus I guess if you were to ask others who talk to me daily about my “love columns”, they’ll probably roll their eyes and mention just one name and one name only. That’s right. I found myself a nice mister. Regardless, you can count on Lulu and I still making it to events, taking pictures and meeting great people!
Events we Plan on Attending
1.Heiroglyphics Concert w/mr. (Because I’m trying to make my move ;))
2. Memorial Day BBQ w/family and friends- Lulu can you bring your cam or should I? Eh, I can bring it!
3. Lulu heads to Texas- Can you bring me some cowgirl attire (so serious), I need to learn how to ride like a cowgirl.
4. Lulu and I head to either some spa or wine tasting@ Peju Winery
5. I’m going to LA, with tickets to Jay Leno, Universal Studios, and shopping.