So I’m having a Monday off and I’m being super productive by re-watching the entire series of Girls on HBO and selling my old stuff on Ebay. Check it out if you want an Xbox 360, Electric Guitar, or a … Continue reading
A. Cooking things For an easy snack or filling breakfast, slice some spam, cook some eggs and toast some bread! I love breakfast plates and this is perfect for on the go. Extra spice? Add some sriracha mixed with mayo. … Continue reading
Lately, I’ve been watching Food Network in the mornings before work.I can’t get enough of Ina Garten’s recipes on Barefoot Contessa. They’re gourmet and classic. So today after work, I went to Safeway and went on a shopping spree. My … Continue reading
It’s our second annual murder mystery party and I’m hella excited. Hosted by Lulu Bear, she picked the perfect role for me to play. I’m already practicing my accent and preparing my costume. Gotta make some jello shots and a … Continue reading
This month, we decided to celebrate October to the fullest. Filled with ghouls, ghosts, and cowboys(?!?), Erilou and I are ready to get our pants scared off and jump in piles of fallen leaves. Well not that much, but we are having some amazing events in store for us. Besides some party planning and sipping pumpkin spice lattes, here are some events that we are excited for.
1. Oktoberfest= Beer+Beer+Daisy= One very talkative happy camper. I already made the trip to Pyramid Brewery in Berkeley for some seasonal ale and Hefeweizen. The staff are super friendly & keggers there go for about 160 ish…not bad? Maybe for your next keg stand party, you can chug some Hefeweizen in style?
2. Falling Leaves, Pumpkin Spice Latte, & a whole lotta sitting around coffee shops trying to find the meaning to life. Not that I no longer go to Starbucks and order a latte while reading The Great Gatsby while multitaskin on my macbook listening to the Smith’s and being all Hipster-Esque. I just enjoy a pumpkin spice latte and the John Coltrane music playing overhead. Damn, don’t try to get at me, if you’re at Starbucks between 9-5, that means you don’t got a job. Bye.
3. Who Killed Kenny??- This year, Lu’s throwing a murder mystery parlay and I am invited. What what!! This year’s theme is something with cowboys and saloons. We had a great(&drunk) time at the pirate party last year, so we decided to throw another one. Instead of having a boring ol’ party, throw in some mystery in the place and make it fun! Note to self: Don’t drink too much moonshine.
4. CLOUD ATLAS- The most epic and touching movie trailer that I’ve ever seen. I already cried. Damn, I’m watching this. Oh yuuuhhhp.
& (to add my 2 cents in) let me, Lulu, announce number 5.
5. I ain’t afraid of no ghost!- What’s Halloween without the haunted house? Every October, for the past 3 years, I have been attending a series of these terrifying houses. From small trailer park haunts to the big boy attractions, it ain’t Halloween unless I see a zombie chasing after somebody! Last year, a group of people and I went to Pirates of Emerson. It wasn’t as frightful as I thought it would be, although, it could have been the 1800 that gave me such courage. Even with the planning of the murder mystery party, this year won’t be no different. I’ll either visit San Leandro’s Insane Asylum or take the tour of the world’s famous Winchester Mystery House.
For more haunted attractions, go to hauntworld.com.
This Saturday, come and fall in love (again) with fashion label Prairie Underground. With cookies, champagne, and a free extra goodie, shop the latest styles on this popular Bay Area brand! Come to Convert in berkeley this sat 10/6 and … Continue reading
“By the Community, for the Community.” After a few hiccups on connecting to Skype and having dropped video chats, I started to turn bright red. I can feel the blood rushing to my face, and even though they no longer … Continue reading
In order to further spread the word for our event coverage within Northern California, we’ve also added our listings to the popular website, thumbtack.com. Check out the lWedding Photographer & Writer Package! (2 for 1) at Thumbtack! I’ll be active for any questions or tips throughout the rest of the morning -D&L
It’s week 4 in the NFL season and ya girl is doin’ work. Ok let’s take a step back. It has been four weeks of Sunday’s filled with nothing but football. And I will be honest with all of you, … Continue reading
As Lulu and I continue on with 2012, we’ve decided to continue on in our lifestyle blog and head towards a new direction. We want to continue our lifestyle blog by covering more events for everyday locals in the Bay Area. We’ve … Continue reading