We decided to branch out our vids and stream live.http://www.ustream.tv/channel/simple-stella Here’s a recorded video, but be sure to tune in this upcoming sat, 2.2 at 6 pm PST as we cover a cute fashion trunk show in SF. Talk to you soon! D&L
This month, we decided to celebrate October to the fullest. Filled with ghouls, ghosts, and cowboys(?!?), Erilou and I are ready to get our pants scared off and jump in piles of fallen leaves. Well not that much, but we are having some amazing events in store for us. Besides some party planning and sipping pumpkin spice lattes, here are some events that we are excited for.
1. Oktoberfest= Beer+Beer+Daisy= One very talkative happy camper. I already made the trip to Pyramid Brewery in Berkeley for some seasonal ale and Hefeweizen. The staff are super friendly & keggers there go for about 160 ish…not bad? Maybe for your next keg stand party, you can chug some Hefeweizen in style?
2. Falling Leaves, Pumpkin Spice Latte, & a whole lotta sitting around coffee shops trying to find the meaning to life. Not that I no longer go to Starbucks and order a latte while reading The Great Gatsby while multitaskin on my macbook listening to the Smith’s and being all Hipster-Esque. I just enjoy a pumpkin spice latte and the John Coltrane music playing overhead. Damn, don’t try to get at me, if you’re at Starbucks between 9-5, that means you don’t got a job. Bye.
3. Who Killed Kenny??- This year, Lu’s throwing a murder mystery parlay and I am invited. What what!! This year’s theme is something with cowboys and saloons. We had a great(&drunk) time at the pirate party last year, so we decided to throw another one. Instead of having a boring ol’ party, throw in some mystery in the place and make it fun! Note to self: Don’t drink too much moonshine.
4. CLOUD ATLAS- The most epic and touching movie trailer that I’ve ever seen. I already cried. Damn, I’m watching this. Oh yuuuhhhp.
& (to add my 2 cents in) let me, Lulu, announce number 5.
5. I ain’t afraid of no ghost!- What’s Halloween without the haunted house? Every October, for the past 3 years, I have been attending a series of these terrifying houses. From small trailer park haunts to the big boy attractions, it ain’t Halloween unless I see a zombie chasing after somebody! Last year, a group of people and I went to Pirates of Emerson. It wasn’t as frightful as I thought it would be, although, it could have been the 1800 that gave me such courage. Even with the planning of the murder mystery party, this year won’t be no different. I’ll either visit San Leandro’s Insane Asylum or take the tour of the world’s famous Winchester Mystery House.
For more haunted attractions, go to hauntworld.com.
Happy Monday to all. To start off this week, I would like to finally post up the few pictures that i’ve recovered from my time at the Gay Pride in SF this past June. If you didn’t know by now, I have been internet-less and tv-less for the past 8 months. Needless to say, I was so excited to finally write new posts. Let’s just pass all the mess and start this coverage on the Closing Night to the Film Fest and the Gay Parade shall we?
It was a beautiful Sunday in June, and I was dressed in my 50′s inspired pencil skirt dress. My boyfriend was in a cardi, and khaki’s. We were both excited to see the premiere of Cloudburst and celebrate Gay Pride. It was closing night to this year’s Frameline 36 Film Fest, and I couldn’t have been anymore happier to celebrate the films and the LGBT community. I found this assignment to be a great experience, just because my whole outlook in life is the search of love within someone else. No matter who it is, if someone creates that love within you, than you are the luckiest person in the world. You know, I come from a place where there’s a lot of diversity and acceptance for different things and I am thankful for that. And for me, love has no boundaries. I would be more than honored to promote love within the Lesbian Bisexual Gay Transgender Community.
Enough of my speel of feelings, we had a great time with a whole lotta laughs watching Cloudburst at the beautiful historic Castro Theater. Afterwards, the streets of Castro were filled with a ton of people and music and many smiles. We did cap off celebrating at Temple Night Club. There, we enjoyed mingling with others in the film industry as well as film enthusiasts. All in all, it was a wonderful night and I was glad to have celebrated Gay Pride this year. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2013!! -Daisy
Every summer Lulu and I try to make the best of the season. Our favorite season, we love to have more fun then the usual. As you can see, Lulu and I are a tad busy with our lives & Simple Stella’s not getting updated like usual. Sorry for the inconvenience. Bu you can count on us enjoying all the fun in the sun with bbq&beers. It’s almost summer and I just got me some shorts and a cute dress to wear. That’s wassup! Anyways, this summer, I plan on enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. I will be making a trip out to So Cal and Lulu will be in Texas. It’s about to be super crackin’. Can I get an amen to that!
What’s New With Daisy
While trying to squeeze in time to write this post, I’m busy doing all the summer errands & I gotta buy some beer&water balloons later. I just interviewed Peggy Li, one of my favorite local jewelry designers, and…..tun dunnna nuh!!! Ya homegirl will be having her first published profile feature in Audrey Magazine’s summer issue! Be sure to go to your local Barnes and Nobs and get yourself an issue.
I’m too busy being happy. Can you blame me? It’s my favorite season and I’ll be turning 23 in less then a month. Plus I guess if you were to ask others who talk to me daily about my “love columns”, they’ll probably roll their eyes and mention just one name and one name only. That’s right. I found myself a nice mister. Regardless, you can count on Lulu and I still making it to events, taking pictures and meeting great people!
Events we Plan on Attending
1.Heiroglyphics Concert w/mr. (Because I’m trying to make my move )
2. Memorial Day BBQ w/family and friends- Lulu can you bring your cam or should I? Eh, I can bring it!
3. Lulu heads to Texas- Can you bring me some cowgirl attire (so serious), I need to learn how to ride like a cowgirl.
4. Lulu and I head to either some spa or wine tasting@ Peju Winery
5. I’m going to LA, with tickets to Jay Leno, Universal Studios, and shopping.
Goodmorning everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. It was beautiful out and I myself took a mini vacay. To start off the week, I wanted all my fellow Bay-Areans to know that Greenhouse Design Studio has reached our lovely … Continue reading
It was a beautiful day to celebrate all the successful entrepreneur mommies of the Bay Area. My co-worker Tiffany and I, attended Cat Seto’s and Meg Ilasco’s book launch of Mom, INC. Fresh strawberry frescas and little rasberry tarts were … Continue reading
With a bad case of writer’s block, and with a distracted mind; I apologize for not writing this week. It seems as if my life has turned into the love columns for everyone else. And you know my rule of nothing too personal on Simple Stella. So here’s some events that Lulu and I are excited for in the month of May.
2. Mother’s Day
3. Memorial Day Weekend in San Francisco
4. SF Made week (celebration of Local Designers and Local Breweries)
5. Cat Seto’s& Meg Ilasco’s Mom,INC book launch
I gotta do some laundry now and go shopping for some cute sun dresses for Erilou and I. I’ll post later on after I shop so you guys can vote on what we should wear!
After an exhausting day at our day job, me and Lulu were excited to attend the VIP party opening to the new Convert shoe boutique in Berkeley CA. Walking into the store, we were greeted by Becca of Ruby Press PR, a champagne glass, and an entire room full of some beautiful shoes! Oh geez, shoes and wine?! Needless to say, me and Lulu’s exhaustion from work was no longer present. It was time to start snapping away for Lulu, for me to take a gander all the tasty footwear and for the both of us to meet all of these fashionistas and stylistas!
Convert shoe boutique is all about carrying labels that are eco-friendly, socially conscious, and locally established. They carry labels like Toms, Jeffrey Campbell, Civic Duty, Doc Martens, just to name a few. From the products all the way down to the store itself, Convert strives to promote being eco-conscious. The store itself is creatively displayed with recyclable such as cardboard shelves and those little styrofoam “S”‘s decorated in the front window. When I shop at places like Convert, I feel good about shopping here because I know that my carbon footprint is a lot less then if I was to shop at a big retailer. I also love to help out local designers, and Convert showcases local designers like Oaklandish. -Daisy
Oh, you know, just another girls night out for Daisy and I. Well, not quite, this was actually our first time attending a grand opening and we described it as “another dimension”. You should have seen us with our timid steps and puzzled faces asking questions to each other like, “what do we do now?”
That was the first 5 minutes because shortly after we were shaking hands and introducing ourselves left and right. Could it have been that liquid courage? Neh, everyone there was easy going which made it simple to create new friends and being encircled by the one thing women love most didn’t hurt. As always, it was great meeting new people and the shoes, Lord those SHOES, were to-die-for. Not only were the shoes stylish and eco-friendly but they literally weigh as much as diddly-squat. Overall, this event inspired both Daisy and I. It shall not be our last! -Lulu
We had a great time, and you can count on us both shopping regularly at Convert shoe boutique. -D&L